Sunday, November 25, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - November 25, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the US and happy weekend to everybody!

Worked on the new house quite a bit this weekend getting ready for the new flooring to go into the main floor bathroom  - hopefully this week.  Still have to replace the light fixture and medicine cabinet in there, but that can wait for a bit.  My son and I took out the sink and toilet and put new shut off valves on all the lines.   The toilet is fairly new and will be reset once the floors are in, but the sink is old and will be replaced.   I'm thinking a pedestal sink if I can find one I like.   Inch by inch, it's getting there.   Packing proceeds slowly.  I'm trying to do a box every night.   Since there's no 'date' for the actual move yet, it's easy to procrastinate LOL. 

I got my little hat done with the leftovers from the salvaged cowl.  It matches well enough.  This is the simple Leftover Sock Yarn Hat that I've done about ten of now.   Perfect commuter knitting as it is solid 3 x 1 ribbing for several inches and then about 15 rounds of decreases.  Easy peasy.


Millennium is at 7 hours.  I am almost done with the right angel.  St. Raphael just needs one more feather edge on the outer wing and a tiny bit of column colors at the outer base of the pillar.   Then it's on to the other side for more lower wing.  


There is snow forecasted and it's really windy here in Kansas, the gusts are howling around the house.  A good day to stay home and stitch!   I have a single block due for the outgoing president's gift that is due at my quilter's guild on Tuesday, so I need to make that a priority today.  But that won't take too long before I'm back to my handwork.

Linking up with the other Slow Sunday Stitchers at Kathy's blog (link to this week's roundup

9 comments:

  1. I heard your area will storm you are right good day to sit inside and sew. Sounds like you house is coming along nicely - love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make these hats for charity donations and fund raisers. In the right colors (not this pink obviously), the guys like them too.

      Delete
  2. I like that hat! I really must get back to knitting socks. It use to be my go-to for taking the kids to hockey practices, etc., back in the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This hat is the perfect project for your sock left overs.

      Delete
  3. A lovely hat project! Enjoy your stitching today while the wind howls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty hat. Milennium is looking great. You have gotten a whole lot done in 7 hours. Keep warm and enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day to stay inside to sit and stitch! I attached a binding to a completed quilt today and hope to work on that later. Have a relaxing time with your stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the knitted hat, and wow on the Millennium project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With bad weather on the way It sounds like a great day to hunker down and sew, knit, relax! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.