Sunday, November 18, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - Nov 18, 2018

Decent progress this week. 

First, I finished the second (of four) Silver Needle Camp projects.  This is Hocus Pocus (details here)
Second, I got to round 9 on the last repeat (22 rows) on my Rosemarkie Waistcoat (introduced here).  This last repeat will nibble away the remaining excess center front stitches, and the last seven rounds will shape the back of the neck and the top of the shoulders.   Those last few rows are NOT FUN, since I'll have to do purl back stranded rows.   New skill to learn!

Third, Millennium is to the five hour mark for this rotation.   Finished off the under-robe on St. Raphael on the right side, and started in on the lower wing on that side.   Still have the rest of that wing (two more colors) and a bit of  the column base that shows in the end curve of the wing.  Then back to St. Michael and the same area on the left.

Last but not least, I cast on a quick LOSY (Left Over Sock Yarn) hat to go with the cowl I refashioned last week.   I'm using the rest of the hand dyed sock yarn from the damaged end of the scarf and a very pale pink fingering weight acrylic.  About at the half way point.   This is such an easy hat - it's basically 6 inches of simple ribbing and about 15 rounds of decreases in pattern.   This is the current 'travel/commuter' project.   I'll be back to the applique quilt blocks once this is done.
So far, I am valiantly resisting getting sucked into the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt this year.   I still haven't got last year's to the block stage!   Linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching Crew; there's always beautiful things there to look at and admire.

8 comments:

  1. I will save the instructions for Bonnie's quilt once again and decide later - I don't know why I bother though I never get around to making them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like her work, but last year, I saw color combinations at the end that I really prefer over the 'suggested' colors. I do want to finish my Ringo Lake, though. Even if I'm not a coral/orange person.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work! Love the Halloween stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign of a good design - it scaled up to twice the size (18 stitches per inch in the original and 9 in my version) and still looks totally cute! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. You are busy! The Halloween stitchery and as for the other one, how beautiful it is looking. This will look gorgeous when finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa Wentzler is a wonderful designer. I am very pleased with the way it is turning out. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. You are ready in advance of Halloween 2019. The angels are coming along too. I’m not sure I understand your rotation system totally but it seems like you have lots of projects underway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rotation has four or five "slots". Those are:
      1) a modern piece (currently the Victoria Sampler 'Four Elements' band sampler)
      2) a pictorial (currently the angels - 'Millennium' by Teresa Wentzler)
      3) a historic or vintage piece (currently 'Dutch Beauty')
      4) classes - this slot is optional (not being used right now, but once I'm moved 'Bateau Bayeux' will be in this slot)
      5) finishing and framing (right now, working on getting the finishing finishes on the classes from the Silver Needle Camp)

      I usually work on just one slot at a time, but recently I've been bouncing back and forth between getting the finishing done on the four projects from October and working on the angels. I work for a minimum of ten hours on each project before I move on to the next one. I track that on a simple spreadsheet.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.