Monday, December 31, 2018

Quilt WiP: "It was the 80s" - Block 19

This block is one of the oversized ones and anchors the upper left corner of the quilt.  It is 24 x24 inches finished, and is made up of five "Friendship Star" blocks (four 9x9, one 6x6) and striped sashing.   In Pat's version, the sashing is pieced, but I think I'll use a striped shirt from the tiny shirt stash and do solid sashing.   I'm cutting these new since my original quilt is on a 12 x 12 grid so the half square triangles from any of the old blocks will not fit, nor do I have enough HST of any one background to make that many stars. 

Each "Friendship Star" sub block is basically a nine patch with four half square triangles:



And here is the finished block. I got rather side tracked while I was working on this one and it took MUCH longer than it should have.   BTW, the name of this block is "Board Games", and I think it looks a bit like a Parcheesi board!


The Solstice Quilt on Pat Sloan's blog with the blocks and layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.