Sunday, January 6, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - January 6, 2019

Still not used to dating things in "19".   For a minute there, I had a time warp post going on LOL.

I did get Marita's afghan done.  It's just a tad over 40 inches square, which is a nice size for tossing over your legs while watching TV.   And I cast on another one in pinks.   Angie's sister wants one. 

Dutch Beauty has been the Needlework in progress since the first of the year. 
At the end of the last rotation I was here:
I worked on it just a bit at the Silver Needle Camp before we started on the camp projects and then put almost 2 hours in this week.   All the buds are done on the bowl of roses and the last large flower is well underway:

And I finished Block #14 of 30 for "Aunt Lottie's Garden".  I also prepped another block as my travel project for the upcoming week.  It's one of my pink blocks; took the papers out of the English Paper Piecing and my first Sunday Stitching task will be to get it basted.
Work's going to be busy and there's Quilt Guild this week on Tuesday, so not as much crafting time next week.   Plus the annual 'squishing of the girls' is scheduled for tomorrow.   Not looking forward to that a whole lot, but it's necessary.  There's a family history of breast cancer on both sides - my dad's sister and my maternal grandmother's sister, the Aunt Charlotte/Lottie that made the Grandmother's Flower Garden sets, in fact.  So I've been very conscious of getting my exams.  In fact, Public Service Announcement.  Make the appointment for your mammogram.  Keep the appointment.  Do it.  Now.  Today (or first thing Monday morning).
Off my soapbox and linking up with Kathy's blog.  As soon as I get back from church, I'll be over there seeing what everyone's been up to this week. 

9 comments:

  1. I have the same appointment tomorrow - I get mine every year - my mom had it and two of my father's sisters. - your right - get it done - it is easy nothing invasive about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. This will be the first time I have had the 3-D one. Now that I'm in my 60s, my doc recommended that.

      Delete
  2. Pretty afghan love the colors, the Dutch Beauty is quite pretty, and love the quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The colors in the afghan were chosen to go with Marita's couch. They are nice and subtle.

      Delete
  3. Progress on 3 different projects! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are wonderful. I love your cross-stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are So right about being vigilant with mammograms. Here in New Zealand we get free ones two yearly up to age 69. The following year I had a funny feeling and booked myself in for another, which we had to pay for. After all these years of negative results, it was this mammagram which picked up my BC, still in the early stages, thank goodness. Hoping that your test comes back clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our insurance generally pays for one a year and so far all of mine have been clear (fingers crossed). This year, I got the '3D' type and it's much more comfortable, less 'squish' and more detailed results. I like that!

      Glad yours was caught early.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.