Sunday, March 17, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - March 17, 2019

Not even an hour this week on the zombie kitties, I'm afraid.   I spent most of my crafting time working on things are not Slow Stitching.  

But at least it's a start of sorts

I do like the Hardwicke Manor hoop.   It has a slot in the adjustment screw, so you can take a small screwdriver and get it really nice and tight.  There's very little slipping of the fabric.  

I do think I'll like surface embroidery more with a better ground fabric.  This poly-cotton is very thin compared to my vintage pillowcases. 
 
Also did a couple of rounds on my colorwork sweater.  But most of the week was working on the old house - packing etc.

I will never hit the end of the Unfinished Object Pile at this rate.  I found another bin.   This one has un-quilted tops in it.   Four of them, and a bunch of finished but not finishing finished needlework, some of which will be finished as quilted wall hangings.  Most of them will be done by machine, but this one and one wall hanging will be hand quilted.
Once I get moved and get the quilt frame set up, this one will be hand quilted - by the piece in the blocks with feather circles in the plain squares and a wavy feather border.   What's weird is that I do not really remember making this top.   The notes are mine, the quilting plan is in my handwriting.  The leftovers from that blue on the left went into "It was 80s", and another blue is definitely from my grandmother's stash of vintage 30s and 40s prints.   I'm willing to bet I made this when JC was a baby and my short term memory wasn't logging much LOL.  

I would really LOVE to get started on this one, but I don't want to try to take down my frame and move it with a quilt on it.  That's could be a problem.
So this one will 'hibernate' until well after the move, unfortunately.   The wall hanging may actually get done first, since I can do it in a large hoop. 

I've been inspired to get back into hand quilting by the wonderful examples in the Slow Sunday Stitching round up (link to this week's link up). 

2 comments:

  1. odd that you don't remember it! your quilting plan sounds like a good one to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's very strange. If I didn't have so many of the fabrics in the stash or in other quilts, I would have thought I bought the top unfinished. At least this one is an old project that I love. I really, really like the look of this top. There's one small stain that I hope to be able to get out before I quilt it, but other than that, it's in good shape, too.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.