Sunday, March 24, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - March 23, 2019

Rainy night with a 3 am thunderstorm.   Ugh.  I don't mind the rain, it's rather nice to be cuddled under a quilt or two with the rain pattering on the roof.   But I object to the lightening!   I live in an older neighborhood (my house will be 100 years old next year), and it seems like we have a transformer hit almost every time the weather gets like this.   Surge protectors for EVERYTHING!!!  (And a treadle LOL.  Yes, I have pieced by candle and lantern light more than once.   Rather "Little House on the Prairie".)

The Zombie Kitten pillowcase embroidery is coming along.   I'm not really tracking time on this project like I usually do, because this will be my embroidery project until it is done.   I'm not going to let this thing linger.   I got the majority of the body of the kitten done, and started on the ball of yarn.   This design is not well executed; there are many, many short, jagged lines that make up the kitten's fur and the wrapping of the yarn in the ball.  Some of them are so short that they are essentially seed stitch.   I'm using outline stitch for most of the work, with those few seed stitches.  The eyes and nose will be satin stitch. 

I also cast on a new knitting project - a headband to match an old cowl.   I'm trying to use up some of the old, bulky acrylic yarn in my stash.  This yarn is actually much prettier knitted up than it is in the ball - just the opposite of many multicolored yarns.



Well, it's stopped thundering, and we didn't loose power.   I'm going back to bed.   When I wake up again, I'll link up with the rest of the Slow Sunday Stitching crew - hopefully they've all had a more pleasant night.  ETA:  Here's this week's round up!

8 comments:

  1. glad your storm didn't knock out your power, we had it too but not bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was a heck of a front. On the radar, it looked like it basically went from Minneapolis to Oklahoma City! Let's just rain on the ENTIRE Midwest LOL. Glad your part of it wasn't bad. I feel sorry for the folks where it's been flooding.

      Delete
  2. So glad you kept power with the storm. Sounds like you are fully prepared for if the power does go out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In these older neighborhoods, all of the power lines are above ground, so you have to know that they'll go out occasionally. We even have the occasional outage caused by a suicidal squirrel. I've basically never lived in any house that was newer than 1950, so I'm used to it LOL.

      Delete
  3. We rarely have storms that would cause electrical disruption. I can only remember once or twice in all the years we've lived in this house. But I do have a treadle just in case :)
    Enjoy your stitching today!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching and sharing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was little, we lived out in the country. Rural electric went out pretty often. So I'm used to it. It's only an issue if it doesn't come back on promptly.

      Delete
  4. I rarely mind the thunderstorms that we get, but ours are usually in summer. Your kitten embroidery is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This winter we have had thundersnow at least twice - thunder storms when it's also cold enough to snow, which is really weird.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.