Saturday, April 13, 2019

FINISHED NEEDLEWORK: Kitten Pillowcases


The Kitten Pillowcases are finished!   This was one of the "Zombie" projects that I found in the basement.   I had the crochet edging on both cases and most of the first pillowcase (in back above) embroidered before I put it away.   This was probably in the late 1970s?  I switched to counted thread needlework in about 1975 or so, just as it started to become popular.

It took me a couple of weeks of off and on work to finish the started one and then a good solid three weeks to embroider the second one. 

Outline stitch and a bit of satin stitch in the eyes and nose.  The ground fabric is a bit yellowed from storage, so next time I have a retro clean tub going, I'll put them in for a good soak.


Next up in my needlework rotation is the third of the Victoria Sampler "Four Elements" series of mini band samplers.  This one is "Earth" in greens.  I have the linen edged and a set of scroll frames set up for it.  Time to get it all attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.