Sunday, April 7, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - April 7, 2019

So, it's the first of the month, and I attended an off site conference on Monday for almost the entire day.  It was an honor to represent the company and the speakers and panel discussion were very interesting, but it did put me rather behind in my own work.   So there have been a couple of late nights to make up the difference.   

And taking over the treasurer's position for the local Quilt Guild required some audit and repair of the records since the first of the year.   The treasurer who resigned has had some health issues and hasn't been able to keep up.   I still have to update the membership lists - hopefully I can do that this afternoon. 

All in all, crafting time has been a bit short on the ground again this week.  I have, however, made good progress on the Zombie Kitten pillowcase.
Got all the 'floor' area finished and also the rump and tail.  I'm actually a bit into the head already since this picture was taken.   I'm going to do the nose (in pink) and the eyes in satin stitch.  The rest of the fur continues to be in black stem stitch.  I've goggled 'tuxedo cats' in an attempt to figure out what the most common eye color is and it seems that either gold or green is common with blue also when they are kittens.  So I'm debating.  

I hope I don't mess up the satin stitch. On the old pillow case, that part is probably the worst bit of embroidery, but taking it out of that one would be a nightmare as I stitched over it and anchored threads in it when working on the rest of the kitten's head. Likewise all the knots on that one - not worth taking out. It will just have to be a testimonial to the fact that I'm hopefully a better needlewoman now than I was in the 1970s!

Linking up with the rest of the slow Sunday crew over at Kathy's blog.
And a gratuitous daffodil shot just because I am so happy it's finally spring!   These are some mini daffs near the side door at church.  The "cups" are at most a half inch long, so tiny

7 comments:

  1. Hi Karla... you kitten stitching is so cute and the daffodils you share are tiny tops... I saw some even tinier at our local grocer this week... lol! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too find satin stitch challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every project tells a story... and your skills improve with each project!
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitten embroidery is cute. I too fear satin stitch but if you take your time and are mindful of where your needle enters and exits all should be good. It's always good to step back from it also. It's so easy to be self critical when we are so close to our work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute kitten! She will look a bit better when she has a head....LOL! I just noticed my crocuses are starting to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitten stitchery is looking adorable. I am sure you will have no trouble with the satin stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet kitty stitchery. Sometimes satin stitch can be a bit tricky, but I am sure you will do wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.