Sunday, June 16, 2019

Weekly update - June 16, 2019

I'm frustrated by the fact that my favorite link party, Slow Sunday Stitching, has had a recent 'upgrade' to the link platform.   Not Kathy's fault, but I can't link up any more.   I post on my work computer and the new platform requires 'cookies' and is not a 'verified' site for my corporate IT.  Nor will the IT folks let me configure my laptop to accept cookies.   Sigh.  

When change is a BAD thing and "improvements" are anything but better.   So until I buy a personal computer (which I wasn't planning on doing until I retire), no more Slow Sunday Stitching.....

But I do like the discipline of the weekly progress report.   We'll see how well I do with that when there's not someone keeping me accountable.

This week, I did the one band on the VS sampler, and I finished Block 21 for 'Aunt Lottie's Garden'

My weekend, though, was taken up by the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival.  It was the first 'large' quilt show that I've ever been too.  Impressive.  I didn't even make it all the way through the vendors.   I was pretty good with my spending.   I got a grab bag of 1930s vintage scraps and several templates for hand quilting and pounce to mark tops for hand quilting.

2 comments:

  1. can you not use your home computer? I'm not sure how all the cookie stuff works but I guess several have problems with the new kind of link up that a lot of blogs use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm "on call" quite a bit at work and have to have my work laptop with me in the evenings and weekends, I didn't replace my home computer when the hard drive went out a few months back. So far this is the only issue I've had. Sometimes upgrades are not improvements LOL.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.