Sunday, June 23, 2019

Weekly update - June 23, 2019

Some crafting this week, including another block for Aunt Lottie's Garden


This is block #22 and I already have #23 basted to work on this week.   And I got two more bands on the VS Sampler "Earth" piece early in the week.  (See last two posts.)


My main focus, though, has been getting my little challenge quilt done.   It's an older UFO that just happened to meet the challenge criteria, so I'm motivated to get it finished.
It's about 18 x 22 (fat quarter sized) and I'm calling it "Christmas Cabin Stars"   I have the machine quilting done - very simple, just outlining the blocks.   And I'm in the process of binding it with a mottled green (also used as the backing).   


I have all the binding yardage made and the first side attached.  I'm not even bothering to do mitered corners.  I often use fold over square corners for mini quilts and table toppers.  They are quick and since the quilts won't be used, the fact that those types of corners aren't as sturdy and stable as continuous binding doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.