Sunday, October 27, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - Oct 27, 2019

Woof, color me exhausted.   Bells played this morning - luckily for the prelude before the service so that I could go to early church and then sneak out to the library. 

The library fiber fair was actually pretty fun - there were several city guilds there, including weavers (both guilds), spinners, lace makers, knit/crochet, embroiders and our quilter's guild.   Also a local alpaca farm with a petting zoo for the kids.   And demos from most of the guilds and a local basket maker.   Also lectures from several local fiber artists.  

Here's our booth - with me front and center.   Right to left - English Paper Piecing, Applique, me with traditional hand piecing, quilting (she's snuggled up under the hoop in her lap - it was COLD in there), and just out of the picture to the left, sewing down the binding.  

You can see that I took my Carpenter's Wheel from "It was the 80s" and the new Christmas fabric one. 
I had little demos of marking the pieces (there in the front), how the lines work to be able to sew things and tools/materials as well as the star block flipped over to show how the seams can go all directions.   We handed out about 30 membership brochures, so hopefully we did a good job of being ambassadors for the guild.

The other thing that happened this week is that I got "Millennium" to the 10 hour point for this rotation.

I'll write something up (hopefully tomorrow) about the start and stop point for this rotation and my plans for what's up next on the needlework front.   But right now, this girl is beat and I'm going to unpack my case and crash.   Slow Sunday, it was NOT. 

2 comments:

  1. Your Millennium cross stitch is looking beautiful. How marvelous for ladies with different skills to gather together and display their skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful fiber fair. All my favorites on display. I love how Millennium is coming along.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.