Sunday, October 13, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - October 13, 2019

Work is good - we got past quarter close and I actually have a few vacation days coming up.  I offered to cancel, as the staffing situation is still not resolved.  But my boss told me to go ahead and take the days.  I'm not going anywhere - a "staycation" is fine with me.  

I will hopefully get some good crafting in!  Probably focusing on "Millennium".   I put in about 2 1/2 hours this week and got the first couple of the 'sky' colors on the landscape area done.
This section started out about where St. Michael's hand ends, but because the colors in through here are a very subtle gradient, the progress is not very noticeable.  And look at all that confetti stitching!

On the quilting front, I got the replacement block finished.
Next step on this project is to prep and baste the four border cornerstone blocks - finally!  That's what I'll be working on today.   I won't be appliqueing them down until I work on the border vine, so I'll do closer basting than I did on the center blocks.  The borders will get handled a lot.  Definitely hitting the corner blocks with a heavy dose of Best Press to help everything stay in shape. 

The other project for this week is to prep a block or two to demonstrate hand piecing at the local library's "Fiber Fair" which is the 27th.   I'll try to get some pictures and report in late that day.   Bells are playing that morning, so it will be a very busy day.   I can't decide what to prep for the demo.   I'm leaning toward a block in Christmas fabric.  I am gradually collecting random blocks for a "gypsy" style sampler quilt.  Every time I make a test block, I do it in Christmas fabric and put it in the bin.  Someday I'll have enough...…  

Linking up with the rest of the SSS crew over at Kathy's blog. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I love this one whenever it comes up in the rotation. Teresa was such a talented designer.

      Delete
  2. A staycation sounds like a most excellent idea. It sounds as if you deserve it! Your Millennium stitching is gorgeous, and I always love to see a hexie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh a hand piecing demo... how awesome!
    Enjoy your staycation and hope you get lots of hand stitching time!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.