Sunday, December 29, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - December 28, 2019

Well, I finished the tissue box.  It really went together quickly.  I won't have enough time to do much on the hexipuff cushion before the January 1 reboot of the needlework rotation, but ANY work on it will be more than I've managed to do so far this year. 

And I started binding off the cowl.  I had originally planned on making it wider, but when I got the end of the second ball of white yarn and had just started the sixth band, I realized that I would run short if I did two more full repeats plus one color transition round.  And it was the same depth at that point as my favorite cowl, so I decided to finish that band, do the color transition to yellow and finish it off at 7 bands. 

Getting the cowl bound off will be my focus for Slow Sunday Stitching today. (See what everyone else in the SSS group is doing at the link party.)   I'd like to get this completed so it will go into my numbers for 2019.  I lost my knitting mojo for a good bit of this year, so I need all the yardage I can get LOL.  This will still be my lowest amount of yarn used since I started to keep track, but at least it's still in the 'more out than in' category.   That's always my goal - knit down the stash.  

I did more than a little retail therapy the years that JC was deployed and my craft stash exploded.  Plus I inherited my mom's stash, and she was a life long knitter.  The craft stash is really my only "vice".  I don't use drugs or tobacco, I seldom drink and only gamble when the office does a lottery pool (because if they win, I don't want to be the only one left LOL).   So I don't feel too bad, but I also don't want for my son to have to dispose of a ton of useless stuff.  It's better for me to use it and enjoy the process. 

7 comments:

  1. I just added to my craft stash as my local ACMoore is going out of business and I got crafting money for Christmas. I too inherited a whole lot of yarn and floss from relatives in the past, but I have been whittling it down. I think it is great that your stash is your only vice. I do like my wine or a cocktail with dinner. I really like that cowl. I think the width is perfect. I was thinking about working on another tissue cover myself. I could use one for our second bathroom. I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed working on the box more than I thought I would. Good luck with your stash wrangling!

      Delete
  2. lol! Love your rationale for playing the lotto during an office pool! ;-)
    Great finish on the cowl and tissue box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's lovely to see the cowl coming together. There's a lot of work in the tissue box cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tissue boxes and the like are deceptively simple projects. Each panel of the four is 30 x 38 stitches. It was fun to finish it, though.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.