Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Knitting WiP- wrangling a hedgehog

Well, I got the steeks bound off on the Rosemarkie Waistcoat.  At this point there are 7 stitch holders and four uncut steeks in this project.   A friend of mine that has made several colorwork sweaters calls this point "Wrangling the Hedgehog" (she's from England, so they have hedgehogs instead of porcupines).   She is brave and puts her shoulders directly onto double point needles.  I'm worried about stitches getting away from me, so I used spring type stitch holders, but the result is the same - lots of pointy bits.
Here is looking down into the neck of the soon to be a vest.   Shoulders on the grey holders, back of the neck on the blue holder and the center front steek at the top of the photo.


Next up is securing the little back of the neck steek and cutting it:
Then on to securing and cutting the arm and neck steeks. Once that is done, I can turn the entire thing inside out and do a three needle bindoff on the shoulder stitches - which did all end up with the planned 27 stitches, thank heavens.  


One of these days this thing will look like a vest instead of a blob stuck through with a random collection of stitch holders LOL.

2 comments:

  1. I would get totally confused using so many needles - but then I'm a newbie to knitting and not doing very quickly on my project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first big colorwork project and the first time I will be cutting deliberately into my knitting (inadvertently is another issue LOL). I'm a little intimidated, but so far, so good.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.