Sunday, January 26, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - January 26, 2020

I am happy to have a finish to show off this week.  As I alluded in last week's SSS postscript, I didn't knit on the sock yarn blanket during the AFC play-offs.   Instead, I sewed hexipuffs.  A LOT of hexipuffs.  And finished the cushion
It's now in use as the topper to the chest ottoman, covering the snagged upholstery and making a nice seat when it's in use.  That chest holds all the accouterments for my spinning wheel - the extra head, the niddy nody and plying stand.   All kinds of bulky gear that you don't want to leave out.   So happy to have an older knitting WiP done and dusted.

The next knitting WiP is my Rosemarkie Waistcoat.  I spent this week working on it, and I am on the last round of the neck decreases.  Next, I will have to see if all the numbers worked out for the shoulder seams and do those.   Then there will be securing and cutting the steeks; finally ribbings and blocking.   Lots yet to do on that project, but the main knitting is done.

Dutch Beauty got some time this week as well.  I'm at just shy of 8 hours and just getting started on Page O/15.   I got all of the leaves and most of the buds on that page filled in last week, and the first of the three motifs along the left edge started.
Today's goal is to get this peacock motif finished. 

Not much quilting going on this week.  I did order the batting for the Fox and Geese quilt while Connecting Threads had their batting on sale, so I should be able to get that hand quilting project underway soon.   Linking up with the Slow Sunday crew on Kathy's blog.


ETA:
Had a couple of people mention that hexipuffs are new to them.  Here's what an individual one looks like.  Basically, the first half is increased with lifted increase like the start of a toe up sock.  Then decreased back to the original stitch count.  This makes a little pocket that is stuffed lightly before being bound off.  They are about 2.5 inches (6 cm) across at the widest point.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely hexie project, I really like your colour placement. Hope you get your peacock finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there was much re-arranging on the design wall for those few GFG motifs. I do like how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. Nice cushion! Dutch Beauty looks so delicate, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen hexie puffs, but they sure are cheerful! Dutch Beauty is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a nice covering for the chest! I have not seen hexie puffs either. The stitchery really looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hexie puffs and I am looking forward to seeing the peacock finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the hexie puff is so effective, what a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat little project that hexie puff is. Love the cheery bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hexie puffs are new to me too! What a fun idea!
    I love your cross stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hexie puffs are a lot of fun ... and a great way to put your finish to use! Enjoy your slow stitching on your Dutch Beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.