Sunday, February 9, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - February 9, 2020

There was very good progress on the Teresa Wentzler "Millennium" piece this week - at about two hours into the round, it looks like this
As a reminder, I started here:
I'm obviously working along the waterline and the range of crags that are behind the focal mountain on the right side.  What few partial stitches there are in this part of the piece are in this area.  My only issue is that it is slow going marking each stitch off on the working copy of the chart.   I'm investigating using a pdf reader with mark up capability.  I know people who do Heaven and Earth Designs and other large solid coverage charts that swear by that tool.  I do own an iPad that I purchased as an e-reader (it's only WiFi enabled, not hooked into my phone plan).   If I can figure out dropbox, I should be able to use it with pdf files of the pattern.  I'll report how it turns out.


I retrieved the hand pieced Christmas Carpenter's Wheel block from the office.  I haven't put a lot of time into this project lately - just a few stitches each day, often not even one complete seam.  But it's gradually getting closer to having the outer star done.   I actually have one more set of points ready to attach - that one and two more sets to go.
Rosemarkie is coming along.   I have both arm steeks prepped and have started prepping the front steek.  Because the color change ends are in the center front, it's slower going than the arm prep because you have to be careful not to catch the cut ends in the backstitch.   Finishing that is actually my Slow Sunday Stitching goal this week.   Linking up with the rest of the SSS crew on Kathy's blog.



6 comments:

  1. that is a pretty quilt block - a couple stitches is better than no stitches! it will get done eventually

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitchery and great quilt block. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitchery is really coming along! I can only imagine what it's like to have to keep track of each stitch on the chart - any helpful tool would sound good to me. I love your hand-stitched Carpenter's Wheel block, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the progress on your cross-stitch. It is very pretty. I love that carpenter's wheel block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would go blind stitching Millenium; it is beautiful! Your Christmas Wheel block is a lovely one. A little stitching here and there goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a different that detail makes to your mountains! You got a lot of work done on it. Your Christmas Wheel is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.