Monday, March 2, 2020

Needlework change over - 2020 Rotation 1 Slot #2 done

Well, as I said in the Slow Sunday Stitching post yesterday, I hit my 10 hours on Teresa Wentzler's "Millennium".  
Starting point:
Ending point:
Lots of mountain and water this time around, including the backstitch between the mountain and sky.

The next slot in the rotation is the modern piece.  I'm working on the last of the Victoria Sampler "Four Elements"; this one is "Fresh Air".   It was the third published, but I put it off until the end.

When it first came out, I didn't like it at all.  Oh, the cutwork and drawn thread bands are just as appealing as ever.  My problem is the colors.  The other three in the series have a distinct color theme, and they are bright primary and secondary colors.  "Air" is charted in pale pink and very light blue.   It's very washed out and I rather dislike the "baby" colors.

There was a lot of discussion on the designer's message board back when it was first published and several people said something along the lines of "it should be sunny yellow instead".   I agreed and didn't buy the accessory pack, but instead pulled these silks and metallic threads.
There's four different #4 Braids in yellow and gold, gold / white / lemon beads, a Waterlilles Silk and two skeins of Mori silk and three DMC flosses.  This should give me plenty to choose from to make a "Sunny Fresh Air" that will go with the colorful ones in red, blue and green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.