Thursday, April 2, 2020

Needlework WiP: "VS 4 Elements: Air" Band 2

The second band of my yellow conversion of the Victoria Sampler piece shows how effective a really simple stitch can be.  This 'heart and ribbon' band is just satin stitch.  But it's lovely in silk (Kreinik Mori 2032 for the solid hearts and Caron Waterlilies Daffodil for the ribbon).  Two strands, laid with a laying tool for smooth coverage.

I tried to use a darker section of the Waterlilies.  The variegation in this thread is subtle, but when you compare the two ends of the band, you can see it.   In the cover model, the pink and blue areas are shorter and more obvious, but I rather like this understated version.

I also put the beads in band one - they are only charted on the top edge of the openwork.  I think they are supposed to be the finials on the 'curtains'.  This second row looks rather like 'spring flowers in window box' to me.  (Also now that I look at a photo, I need to tidy up some of the cut threads.  I wasn't as aggressive as usual in getting the cuts tight up to the satin stitches with the concerns about the sides of the 'window' area pulling out.)

2 comments:

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.