Wednesday, December 2, 2020

FRAMED NEEDLEWORK: Lavender & Lace "Celtic Christmas"

 There's a story about this lovely lady.  I used to do model stitching for my Local Needlework Store.  This was one of the ones that I did for the owner.  I wouldn't take any money or shop credit for it and told the owner that it was just 'on loan' and that I would take my payment in the framing.  When the shop closed, she honored that agreement and I got the needlework back.  But while the mats and the frame itself were lovely, the framing wasn't actually completely done, the needlework was just tacked and barely pinned into place and there was no glass or dust backing.  Good enough for display, I guess.  

When I pulled out the Christmas bins the week before Thanksgiving, the framing and mats pulled apart and it was obvious that the foam core had buckled.  The lovely people at Frame Warehouse added glass, re-stretched the needlework and repaired an issue with the matting.   My Celtic Lady is home for the holidays.   I have three of the four remaining Ladies in the stash (need to get "Winter").   Some Day.

 

pattern: "Celtic Christmas"
designed by: Lavender & Lace (Marilyn Leavitt Imblum)

stitched on: 28 count Linen "Dusty Green"  (recommended fabric)
threads: DMC, Kreinik very fine braid  (as charted)
embellishments: Mill Hill beads (as charted)

stitching finished:  Oct 2001

(Re) framed: Nov 2020 by The Frame Warehouse, Topeka KS
 
 

1 comment:

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.