Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 Rotation #1 start

 It is the first of the year.  Time to reboot the Needlework Rotation!

As mentioned in my goals post, the needlework rotation remains four slots plus a finishing or framing slot. As of rotation #1, the current projects are:

  • Antique or Vintage Sampler/Smalls:  Dutch Beauty of course
  • Pictorial:  JC's USMC seal
  • Modern Sampler/Smalls:  Finish Elizabeth Designs "Garden Delights" - just the verse over one yet to do.
  • Other than Counted Thread: Cutwork napkins (just one to go).
  • Finish and Frame:  Finish Garden Delights into a project bag with a matching notions pouch. Plus take the black sampler to be professionally re-framed. 

I have the quarterly virtual retreat coming up on the weekend of January 22.  So I think I will try to get ten hours in on the cutwork napkin before then.  It's completely un-started.  In the spirit of getting the not so interesting part done first, I'm going to start just off the 'waterlily leaf' motif and work along the basically plain edge.

needs ironing badly - so does the tablecloth underneath!

The first step is to put in the padding cord.  I think I have just enough of whatever mom was using to finish the napkin, but if I don't, I want to be sure that I get around all of the outside edges before switching materials - a small change in the padding wouldn't show up in the large lily corner as much as there is going on in that area, but it WOULD show up in the plainer parts where there is nothing to distract the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.