Sunday, January 3, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - January 3, 2021

 Here's to a new year and a hopefully it will be a better one. 

Big news this week on the crafting front is that I finished off the Sampler Sweetbag set in time for it to count as the last finish of 2020 (details here).  This was an older WiP, and the assembly took a lot longer than it should have!  But it's off the work table now.

front

back
Replacing the Sweetbag as the active needlework project and kicking off the 2021 Needlework Rotation (#1) is the last of the cutwork napkins.  I put the padding stitches into the all of the outer border except around the main lily motif and got started on the first side this weekend. I figured out last time that I need to support the edge of the work in the hoop and the off-cuts from the sweetbag hadn't been put away yet, so I just basted a length  along the edge of the napkin, avoiding the stitched area.  Much better tension.

Both of the socks are a bit more than halfway down the gusset area of the foot. 

And all the crochet is done on my sister's Muppet.  There's still a lot of assembly and embellishment - tentacles, antennae and eyes plus a black felt lining.  So right now it looks more like a wonky helmet than  cute fuzzy beast.

And last but not least, a few more inches on the sock yarn blanket.  Ten inches  (25 cm) to the next corner.

On the organization front, all the DMC not assigned to a project is on bobbins and put away neatly in boxes.  That's a major milestone.  I use a combination of bobbins (for full six strands) and Floss Away bags (for cut lengths and lengths that have plies pulled out).  I have a lot of DMC since I inherited parents' and grandmas' (both sides) and Aunt Lottie's crafting things and purchased or was gifted three estates needlework materials and yarns over the years.  Plus all my own leftovers from over 40 years of serious stitching.  Before that, I raided the adult's stash LOL.  I do go to my bobbin boxes first, especially when I only need a partial skein for a project.  Despite my efforts before Christmas, the yarn stash is still in progress.  I am trying to not only pack, but also double check the amounts in Ravelry and annotate which bin it is in.  So I'll get back to that after I scope out what the SSS crew is up to this New Years weekend.  (link to this week's roundup)

7 comments:

  1. So much progress! The organizing and keeping track online is a great idea! Great tip with the tension in the hoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow you have been busy, I love the little bag, such delicate work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos on your finish. It is such a pretty little bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a cute little bag and scissor fob. I love your socks - you do such a nice job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful little sweet bag. Love your personalization on the back. Organizing your supplies is a huge job...one I try to keep under control but it often gets away from me

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very organised with all your threads! Your little sweet bag is a delight, both front and back. All the intricate embroidery is amazing. Love the pattern on your socks, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag is lovely, as are your socks! Happy stitching and knitting, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.