Sunday, January 10, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - Januay 10, 2021

 Very quick update this week. 

Socks are at the ends of the gussets.   I think I'm going to do a sort of V shaped detail moving from patterned stitching to regular stocking stitch across the instep.  The rest of the foot will go quicker that way and be a bit more comfortable in the shoe than texture all the way to the toes. 

On the embroidery front, the napkin is at a bit over three hours and a third of the way around.   I want to have my usual ten hours in by January 21 so I can move to the next project for the quarterly virtual retreat starting on Friday 1/22. 

That's all for me this week.  Linking up with SSS (current round up)


6 comments:

  1. Nice texture on the socks! I would like to learn to make socks someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice on socks is to start out on bedsocks or slippers in worsted weight yarn about US 4 or 5 needles. That way you have a chance to understand the construction without worrying about skinny yarn on tiny needles. Then a pair in sport weight yarn (I like Browns' Nature Spun Sport) on US 2 or 3. Then down to fingering and the sock world is your oyster (and you have a pair of bedsocks and a pair of boot socks ).

      Delete
  2. I really like those socks and how you have them on the shapers - I will need to get a set of those for when I will finally try to make some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite useful. Knit Picks has them on their website under "Accessories > Blocking Tools", though this set is from my LYS.

      Delete
  3. Great progress on your socks, as well as lovely embroidery! Happy knitting and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Socks and embroidery, that's keeping you busy!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.