Sunday, March 28, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - March 28, 2021

 Wow, busy couple of weeks since I checked in last.  I was overly optimistic about things getting better at work.  The flip side of that is that I had very little crafting mojo left when I got off work.  Also church things are finally starting up again in real life, including my bell choir.  Man, am I rusty; felt like I was lifting weights at rehearsal on Thursday.  Glad to get back to it, though.   I've really missed ringing. 

On the handwork front, I'm working on the last of the cutwork napkins.  At a little over six hours into my ten hour rotation slot, I've got to here

Still one more big petal, three little petals and all the interior area and details.   I'll probably be running over the ten hours, but I'm so close to a finish that I'll work on it until it's done.

It's supposed to be nice today, so I'm going to go play in the dirt.  Getting the garden ready for planting. Hello Spring!!

Linking up with the rest of the SSS crew (current round up link).


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful napkins! I’ve never done cut work before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it and the buttonhole stitch edge is very meditative in the long, straight (ish) sections.

      Delete
  2. Great cutwork! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fascinated by your cut work project; it is looking beautiful. Have fun playing in the dirt and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bell ringing, how wonderful. Sounds such fun but I imagine it would be quite hard on the arms and hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like greeting Spring than playing in the dirt and getting your hands dirty. Your cut work is exquisite! Your stitches are amazing...so neat and uniform. You belong to a bell choir...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be afraid to use these napkins after all those hours of stitching! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your napkin is beautiful. I have never attempted cutwork but, I have some that an aunt madea long time ago. I love the idea of bell-ringing. Such a talent. Timing is everything. Enjoy getting back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.