Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Now What?

 I am on the very last step (the actual cutwork) part of the last napkin.  So it is time to determine what will come up next in the 'other than counted thread' slot of my rotation and get it set up so that when this slot comes around again in Rotation #3, I can start right away!   

I have three potential projects.   The oldest one is more cutwork - the 'big brother' of the blue dresser scarf that I aquired in the 1970s. Same pattern as the finished one below, just longer.

Next oldest is from 1981.   A pillow top in a mix of media - traditional painted canvas and crewel on canvas.   My granddaughter is still in the 'pink and frilly' stage, so I could see her liking it. (Size is 14 x 14 finished)

And lastly is a crewel project (from 1983) that barely made it through the triage when I found the bin of UFOs a while back.  I just couldn't QUITE make myself pitch it when I pitched or donated three other crewel projects.  (FYI, the orange-brown bits will be pine greens in the finished piece.)   Thinking I could frame this one for either my son or grandson.  (size about 16 x 20)

I am sort of leaning towards working on the unicorn pillow first (even though it is the least far along) because with my luck Alexis will hit the 'dark and broody Goth stage' early and not be interested in a pink and pale blue unicorn pillow much longer LOL. 

Anybody want to pitch in pros/cons, thoughts?   I'm not in love with any of them, but also don't hate any of them. 


2 comments:

  1. I made the eagle years ago!! I'm not even sure where it is now but it used to hang above the fireplace :) I used to make a lot of the crewel work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's at least 40 years old. I'm still on the fence about finishing it, TBH. I'm not super in love with it, but I do enjoy crewel and the fiddliest parts (eagle's head and feet) are done. I think it's cool that you recognize the piece.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.