Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Layout for Lucy's "PotC"

 I originally titled this post "Laying out Lucy", but 'laying out' is something one does to a corpse prior to the coffin and funeral.   And there's a lot of life in this old gal yet!

I think this will be the final order of the blocks.   The colors are pretty well distributed, I think.   If anyone has opinions, please weigh in!   I certainly didn't plan four blocks with reds, two that were just two color, and three with golds, but it did work out nicely just by chance!  And I put the three with the best fussy cutting across the center.

Even once the blocks are together, there's a bunch of work left to get to a finished top.  I'll have to decide what to do about all the edges for one thing!   Paper pieces does make some fill in shapes for honeycomb blocks. I need to investigate.

As far as the strategy for putting it together.  I think the most logical way is five rows - three of the main blocks with two connecting blocks in each row and two rows with alternate blocks and three connectors.  

I'm still working from home (our back to the office date was moved back due to the surge in the new COVID variant), so this can be my lunch hour project even though it's outgrown true 'travel project' status. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.