Sunday, January 9, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - January 8, 2022

 Not a lot to report this week.   I flew through my WIPGO (both slots were the same project) for January which was Hinezeit "Bees" (finished post here).  It's very rare that a project doesn't get a Sunday progress report at all, but this one was only five hours of stitching basically Monday to Thursday!

Since the WIPGO is also the "Modern" slot in my rotation, I'm already on Slot #2 "Historic", so Dutch Beauty is out to play.

I'm working along the sides of the big center bottom motif of the swan and cygnets in the nest.   There's about a quarter of a page of fill in with small motifs on both sides, so little birds are the name of the game for the next bit. 

yes, the crown is a bit offset in the pattern.  counted it SEVERAL times

Going to finish off the crown and tackle the other dove after I check out the SSS crew (link to current roundup)

Got about 9 inches in on the Sock Yarn Blanket while doing some reading for an upcoming online class at work.  I am planning on keeping up my professional credentials even after I retire just in case I want or need a part time job.  There's always a need for accountants.

No quilting to report for Slow Stitching this week.  I did spend some time with stash organizing.   All of my fabric is in labeled bins except for about a four inch stack that was not with the rest of the stash - Halloween fabrics.  I need to get that all put away next time I go downstairs.  Since laundry is on the list for today, that will happen very soon!

I need to cast on a hat at some point this week since the EPP project has now outgrown being a travel project!   The grandkids have some competition stuff coming up soon that they want me to come to and I'm not sitting on bleachers waiting for their turns without something to work on!  I well remember when their dad was doing Scouts, Junior ROTC and sports.   Two hours of driving, three hours of waiting, ten minutes of their actual participation.......  Fun times, though, and I'm so happy they want me to come.


5 comments:

  1. I have been watch you work on Dutch Beauty all along. Only a bit more to do although I know there are hours of stitching ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the litty bird in this piece. The tail is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cross stitch project is so traditional and beautiful. Fine stitching on linen. Good idea on keeping up professional credentials. I know a few other professionals that regretted not staying current. It's fun to watch kids compete and is so important to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your progress on this piece! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dutch Beauty is looking wonderful. Love the little bird. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.