Thursday, January 6, 2022

Rotation Changeover - 2022 Rotation #1, Slot 1 (modern) complete

 The "Bees" mini block by Hinezeit went really fast.   Just 5 hours and all the stitching is done.   Just have to attach the charms and this is a finish!


I did make a couple of changes.   I found the DMC 310 black to look very harsh, so I subbed in a brown black.   I also had a very light skein of GAST "Brandy", so I back stitched the letters with the DMC equivalent listed on the pattern card.

I think I'm going to try my hand at framing and do this in a very simple espresso colored frame.   I'd like to do a collection of "bee" themed pieces.  I did one for my mom (who went by her middle name Beatrice, nickname Bea / Bee), and have a couple of projects on my 'wish list' and 'to be kitted list' that have bees on them.   

That's all for long term plans, though.  Next up on the immediate plan is Dutch Beauty.   I want to get the small set of bird motifs down in the corners of the center bottom area done - starting on the left.   There are five little birds on each side - a pair of love birds with a crowned heart between them, a pair of ducks and a stork/crane.  Here's where I am starting on this piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.