Monday, January 3, 2022

#BBDweekendSAL for January 2022

 I put in five hours on my Blackbird Designs project (Autumn Silhouette - Loose Feathers #10) during the New Year's holiday weekend.   Our office was closed on New Years Eve - Yeah for a three day weekend!   Good Progress; I am so tempted to  keep working to a finish on this one, but we have #24HoursOfCrossStitch coming up later in January.   I should have a finish on this during that weekend if everything goes right. 

grey tone from my camera.  WHY?  looks cool, though, so I am leaving it

where I started this weekend - also not the right color on the fabric, it's really a pale rust
 

Just the rest of the alphabet (two over two) and initials / date (one over one) and the Smyrna Crosses that are scattered about left to go. 

The original pattern has the initials and year over 2, but I really liked the more delicate look of the over one personalization on Moon Garden.   I'll add a couple of extra Smyrna Cross to fill in the resulting empty space. 

The plan is still to finish it as a project bag. (I don't have the fabric yet.  Shoot, I'll have to go to the quilt store.  That's such a chore LOL)

After some consideration, I decided not to do matching smalls.  I have at least six smalls projects kitted up in the stash and most of them are sets of some type.  Plus several of the remaining Loose Feathers kits are also smalls of one description or the other.   I will keep the extra fabric with a note on it, so if I change my mind, it will be easy to pull from the stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.