Sunday, January 2, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - January 2, 2022

NEW Year - 2022 came in with snow late New Year's Eve night / very very early New Year's Day here in Kansas and the lows were a couple of degrees below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. (-20 Celsius).   BRRRR, but luckily it was after most of the revelers were already home!  After almost 60 F (15 C) on New Year's Eve mid afternoon, it was a shock to the system LOL.  But temperature swings like this are pretty typical of my area of the Great Plains.  So today I'm staying inside, enjoying leftover eggnog and just being in a crafting cocoon with my ongoing projects.

Like #BBDweekendSAL this weekend.   I'm working away on "Autumn Silhouette".  I made some great progress Friday and yesterday due to staying up late.  My neighbors always set off fireworks at midnight. so it's not worth going to bed before all that is done.   With Walt having been a law enforcement officer, we never were able to really celebrate New Year's Eve.  Every LEO in the country is on duty over the New Year's holiday! And after he passed away, I never got back into the habit of doing anything more than staying up late and maybe watching some of the TV celebrations.

Ready to work over on the upper left later today after checking out the rest of the SSS crew (the weekly Slow Sunday Stitching link party).

Linen color is not right - it's actually more rust toned

Earlier this week, I finished the last of the connecting blocks for the center of "Patchwork of the Crosses" this week.   I'll need to figure out the layout before I can start connecting everything up.  But at least I met my goal for 2021 on this project - ALL of the center blocks are done!

7 - 12 of the connecting blocks

Speaking of goals, I didn't quite get a blackout on my 2021 WIPGP board.  The last project for December didn't get finished.   I got the little bit of stitching done on the "KCHSG Smalls - Tape Measure Case", but not the finishing.   In fact, I've barely started to baste the strip that goes around the outside, which also needs to get a ribbon felled down to it (on the left side below).  So I'm going to put this project on the 2022 WIPGO board in the center space.   If I get it finished before then (which I hope I can do during the January finish and frame weekend), #13 will go back to being a "free" space.

cute itty bitty queen stitch flowers


2 comments:

  1. We stay in for New Year’s too…watched a movie and worked on a puzzle. You made lots of progress on Autumn silhouette this week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Year's Eve does tend to get crazy. Patchwork Crosses are one of my favorite blocks. You must be blessed with good eyes to stitch cute itty bitty stitches on itty bitty linen threads. Enjoy the process

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.