Sunday, February 6, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - February 6, 2022

 COVID kicked my backside.  Two weeks (plus a couple of days) in, and I still have a lingering cough and zero energy.   It's all I can do to get through a workday even if I take an hour nap over lunch.  And having been vaccinated and booster shot in place, this is a 'mild' case! URGH.  

I have been stitching a little bit.  It's Blackbird Weekend yesterday and today.  After I finished "Autumn Silhouette" on Saturday, I picked out the next Loose Feathers project, got it mounted on the scroll frame and the threads sorted.   There's no border on this one, so I dove right in!

A bit of flash glare, but at least the linen color is about right

It's a fairly small sampler, about 8.5 x 10 inches on 30 count linen.   And there's some lovely Weeks Dye Works floss in the kit.   I think I'm going to enjoy working on this one.  I'm going to try to get through the top row of lettering today before it goes away until the next #BBDweekendSAL . 

Sock yarn blanket got the small amount of knitting time and no quilting at all.  You know I'm sick when I don't even want to knit garter stitch! 

Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am so sorry you've been sick. I dread the possibility of getting COVID as I wouldn't be able to do all that I do for my mom for quite a while. I hope you start getting your energy back soon. I really like your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you got COVID even after the shots and booster. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Lovely project to be stitching on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not good news that you are still suffering from COVID. Hopefully, within the next little while you begin to feel more energy and the cough dissipates. Your new little cross stitch is a lovely design. Let us hope that this coming week you feel more like stitching. Please take care, Karla♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've been sick - hope each day gets better from now on! That's a pretty design to be starting on. Glad you're getting a little stitching in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that you have been sick, Karla. I wish you a speedy recovery . Such a lovely Blackbird Design project you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be feeling miserable with Covid, but as you say, imagine how much worse it would have ben if you hadn't been vaccinated and boostered. Sending you get well wishes, hopefully by next week you will be back to your cheery self. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.