Thursday, May 5, 2022

Rotation Changeover - 2022 Rotation #2, Slot 2 (modern) complete

There is one (very tiny and somewhat still resentful) upside to the move to the hybrid work schedule.  I'm trying to stay on more or less the same wake up time and bed time every day.  That should help with the feeling of being constantly jet lagged that has been going on with a staggered sleep schedule.  Which means that I get an hour of crafting time on the work from home days before breakfast (but after caffeine LOL).

This morning I put in the last of ten hours on Plum Street Sampler's "Corgi Caboodle" It's SO CUTE!  Hopefully Angie will love it.  

The muzzles and eyes are almost all the backstitching in the project (except for a bee in the floral area).  I usually do the backstitching as I finish the area around it, and I couldn't resist putting in their foxy little faces.  There's a lot of fill in on the adult dog bodies, plus the little tri-colored puppy that is perched on mama's back, and a bunch of floral motifs and the aforementioned bee in the top half of the design yet to do.   But I made a good start; now it will go away until the next rotation when the "Modern" slot comes up again.

As charted colors (DMC) and recommended fabric - 40 count "Up in the Attic" by Fox and Rabbit.  One over two.

The second five hours on this project also counts as WIPGO #8, since one of the May goals is "5 hours on a current project".

Tonight and possibly tomorrow I am going to put in at least 300 stitches on JC's USMC Seal next for #FullCoverageFriday, then it will be Blackbird Weekend!!!  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.