Sunday, May 1, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - May 1, 2022

Well, it's been a crazy week.  Trying to get back into the groove of commuting to work two days a week has been exhausting.  The consensus from the co-workers is that nobody wants to do it.  Hopefully it will get easier.   Stitching productivity has taken the expected nose dive as I loose six hours of personal time to the drive each week. 

I did get a bit more work done on "Corgi Caboodle" by Plum Street Samplers; the first one has a face!  And a cute face at that.

And earlier this week, I reached a bit over ten hours and a page finish on Dutch Beauty.   That was the "historic/vintage sampler or smalls" slot in my rotation.  DB now goes away until the other rotation projects get a turn.   I'm down to just two partial pages on it, but think it will be three or four rotations yet as the swan family in the center has a TON of fill in; that page is practically full coverage. 

page ends where the 'green and sticks' of the nest cut off

Speaking of full coverage, after getting derailed on Friday night due to the weather, I decided to put in a little more time on Saturday into JC's USMC seal.   I'm trying to up my Friday stitch count from "at least 200 stitches" to "250 to 500 stitches" in the hopes of getting this project done by the end of September so I can have it framed for him by the USMC birthday/Veterans Day in early November. 

Also due to the weather and associated stress knitting, I'll hit the end of round 10 on the sock yarn blanket really soon.  I only have about two inches / 6 cm to go!  Then I get to figure out the I cord edge.  More to come on that. 

Very little progress on Patchwork of the Crosses over the last couple of weeks.  I did start to attach the first corner block, but only just started.  I do hope to get back to it soon.  But it's too big for a travel project now.   In fact everything is too big (or on too fine a count) for a travel project (sigh).  I may have to cast on a hat or maybe start one of the VS ornament/quilt blocks that has no cutwork.  That's an idea!

Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching (current round up).


7 comments:

  1. All that driving time to and from work does sound like a pain. Your little corgi is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my extra stitching time since returning to work every day in September. I also miss my daily morning walks. No time for them now. That corgi has such a sweet face. So sorry about the stressful weather. I have never experienced a tornado warning and really don't ever want to. I hope your weather stays calm for a while. Dutch Beauty and the USMC seal are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working from home does save a lot of time with no commute. I’m not missing the 1 hour drive to work since I retired! Glad you only have to go in two days a week! When are you retiring?
    That corgi dog is very cute! Great progress on your other projects too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was originally hoping to retire in December this year. But now that inflation has taken off, that may be pushed back.

      Delete
  4. Yes I can understand how you feel about the long commute! Your projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweet little corgi. My granddaughter has just bought one, called Gracie, she is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.