Monday, June 27, 2022

Thinking about the project list and June 26, 2022 check-in

I missed the SSS link round up.   This weekend was very odd.   There were some sleepless nights and some very long naps and I totally messed up my personal "clock".  Oops.

My current project list is ALSO in a very strange place.   I am very close to finishes on so many things!  In fact, on almost everything!!!

Quilt - Patchwork of the Crosses - Basically just the borders to go before it's a top.

Knit - Sock Yarn Blanket - the side I'm working on, the last corner and grafting the ends of the I Cord and it's DONE.   I could get it done in a few days in a push.

Needlework

  • Modern - Just a few motifs yet to go on "Corgi Caboodle"
  • BBD Weekend - "Their Song" - just the upper branch of the cherry tree, the big blackbird and my initials left
  • Full Coverage - "USMC Seal" - less than 1/8 of the over one letters and some back stitch to do
  • Historic - "Dutch Beauty" - a partial page (the reeds on the right) and a not quite full page (the swan family) yet to go.  40 hours would finish it easily.
  • Not Counted Thread - "Unicorn Pillow" - background - there's still quite a bit, but it's going fast and is mindless stitching 
  • Pictorial - "The Plaza Sewing Bag" - this one is a LONG way from finishing even one side, so it's my only 'not in striking distance' project.

 I don't think I've ever had so many 'close to finish' projects all at one time.   The problem is that when I get to the "close" point, I tend to work just on that project until it is done in a massive "push to the finish".  And I want to do that on EVERYTHING (except the Plaza Sewing Bag).

So I find myself bouncing from project to project like a demented squirrel who has drunk a double espresso!   I am going to try to stick to the daily goal on the knitting and the quilt and to my rotation on the needlework.   BUT, I'm not going to start any new projects to fill in the gaps as I finish stuff.  

I wouldn't mind doing a mid-year (nearly) total re-set of the crafting.   Many of these projects are so very old that it's rather boggling the mind to be looking at the possibility to actually START more than just a small project or ornament from the stash. 

1 comment:

  1. I tried making a list of all my in progress projects..it was a bit scary. Eventually, I do finish them! Keep stitching. You are so close to a bunch of finishes! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.