Sunday, September 4, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 4, 2022

 It's a long weekend here in the US, with a Monday holiday for Labor Day.  I do have some family things today and tomorrow plus laundry MUST be done.  I'm hoping for some crafting time, though.  

This week, being the end of the month/first of the month was very busy at work.  But I was able to work on the new project in my "modern" slot of the needlework rotation.   This is another of the Victoria Sampler "Beyond Cross Stitch" ornaments that will be going into the Christmas wall quilt.   It's one of the Level One kits that have no cutwork or drawn thread, so it's going fast.   Just the carol title, a double running pine branch, some tiny cardinals over one plus a birdhouse charm and some beads before it will be done.

Knitting got some love this week as well.   I'm about halfway through the lace section on the green worsted weight shawl.   This is row 17 of 32.  You can just about see the base of the leaf shape starting to appear.  This yarn is not optimal for lace - smoother yarns work better than textured yarns.  In general, lace looks terrible before it's blocked, though, so I'm hopeful that blocking it hard will help.  Even if it still looks 'rustic', the delightful hand of the fabric will make up for it.  I do wish this yarn had not been discontinued; the merino and cashmere blend is lush.

And last, but not least, it's the first full weekend of the month - when the normal needlework rotation is interrupted by the Blackbird SAL weekend!   Yesterday I got the rest of the border outline done on "Beyond My Heart" and it matched up!   Always a good thing.  Starting in on the corner flourishes and the Evergreen 'dots' that make up the rest of the border.

I'm going to continue on with the BBD piece today and probably tomorrow. After I check in the SSS crew, of course. (link to current roundup)

PS:  This post could have been subtitled "all of the edges".  Did you notice that all three projects (plus the current quilt) are on the BORDERS?


7 comments:

  1. You have lots to keep you busy this weekend. I like how the dots look on the last piece! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy stitching, Karla! Enjoy the holliday and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitching and knitting! You are working on some great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Victorian Sampler colors. Your knitting looks so soft and lush. I like when the borders line up also. I am looking forward to watching this piece grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some lovely projects to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love knitting lace work. And you are right...after blocking lace always looks better!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.