Monday, September 5, 2022

Blackbird Weekend SAL - September 2022

 Since we had a three day weekend, the monthly Blackbird Weekend stretched into Monday.   And the border is completed.   Always good when you get that last little section and everything lines up!   This one was basically a very symmetrical, regular pattern, so not as much of a concern as some are. (Other than the flower in the lower right, each 'arch' and corner are exactly the same.   Easy peasy.)


I am working on "Beyond My Heart", which is from the original Loose Feathers Series - Number 32.  The cover photo of this project is shaded heavily to yellow, so I was a bit surprised that it's actually subtle neutrals instead of the spring look I was expecting.  The muted color pallet IS more in the BBD design style.  But I do wish designers would be careful with the cover photos.  I'd rather have an accurate representation of the finished piece than something 'artistic'.    Cameras and monitors lie sometimes, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.