Monday, December 26, 2022

FINISHED NEEDLEWORK: Dutch Beauty by Permin of Copenhagen

 

 


Pattern: Dutch Beauty ('n Hollandsche Schonen anno 1790)

Published by:  Permin of Copenhagen.  Charted from museum original

Fabric:  32/34 Strathaven Linen (cream)

Threads:  DMC (mostly) as charted.  (See this post for discussion of the few modifications I did.)

Stitches: Cross (two over two)

Started 1/2/2000.  It hibernated from 2003 to 2008 and again from 2009 to 2017. I credit the SSS crew to keeping me "on task" since it joined the standard rotation in Feb of 2018.  Completed 12/24/2022

 Width 35.5 inches / 90 cm  by  Height 24.25 inches / 61.5 cm  (original per museum 94 x 61 cm).  I specifically chose the linen to get as close to the original dimensions as possible with modern materials.

Stitch count of chart (there are a few charted squares outside of the border) 630 x 390

I did not keep strict count of the hours on the first half, but the using the final row (which I did track) to estimate the time on the other two rows, I calculate between 425 and 500 hours of stitching.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! So many hours of stitching! Beautiful! How big is Dutch Beauty? Congratulations! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's a big girl - 35 by 24 inches. A full yard of linen! I've added the dimensions and stitch count to the post.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is so beautiful. I am glad that you have finally finished it.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.