Sunday, December 25, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - December 25, 2022

 First of all, Happy Holidays to everyone!    I am already looking forward to spring given that earlier this week it was -2 degrees F / -19 degrees C plus windchill that dropped the "real feel" temp by at least 10 degrees lower that day.  And in the middle of all of that was precipitation.   

looking out of my front porch door
With having the company holiday on Friday and working from home all week, it was a great week to get some stitching in along with some baking.

I needed to work on "My Day Complete" by Kathy Barrick.   This is a year long stitchalong that has become an annual tradition for the other participants.  Following their lead, I have divided the chart into twelve parts.   I may work ahead, but I'm trying not to lag behind.  Deadline for each month's section is the 29th.  Here's November and December finished and a bit worked ahead.

The initials on the left are two of the other participants in the SAL

The red cowl is also trudging right along.   I started with 109 grams of yarn and now have 58.   There's no rush on this one since it's for me.

But what about Dutch Beauty, you ask?  Ta DA


DONE.   It's done.   I put in the last few stitches after mass last night.   Happy Christmas to me!  I'll lay it all out and do a proper finish post later today.  (ETA: post is here.)

The "12 x 12" challenge is all over FlossTube.  People are starting a project every hour between noon and midnight on New Years Eve or they are working on 12 WIPS, one each hour.   I do not have twelve needlework WiPs, thank goodness.   I have no intention of starting twelve projects either after all the struggle to get the WiP pile under control.   I will be marathon stitching on New Year's Eve, though.  

I plan to give "Sugar Skull" some love (to ten hours total), then to ten hours on the Kathy Barrick piece (that's about 2 additional hours and should get me well into the January section), set up the next Victoria Sampler quilt block and get it started, and put some time in on the Plaza Sewing Bag and the BBD piece. That will put all the cross stitch in a good place to start the new year.

I'm off to the kids for lunch and gift unwrapping.   There are two ways I can go, one is fast and hilly, the other adds 10 mins and several miles, but it is much flatter.  Guess which one I will be taking LOL.  Have I mentioned how much I hate driving in snow and ice?

BTW, the handbell pieces went OK at mass last night; not our best, but not horrible.  


Merry Christmas to those who celebrate;  linking up with the SSS crew (current list).

4 comments:

  1. Have a blessed Christmas! Our Christmas eve service was cancelled, just too cold and the roads aren't the greatest yet. Safe travels to your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your family time. Can’t wait to see Dutch beauty in its entirety Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! Stay warm and enjoy your day with family and some stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely photo of the handbells! I'm sure it sounded beautiful!
    The 12 by 12 challenge is certainly intriguing, but I think my hands would be sore after all that stitching! Merry Christmas and thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.