Saturday, February 11, 2023

FLASHBACK NEEDLEWORK: "Florentine Smalls"

 While I was finishing up the ends on the current knitting project, I realized that I'd never showcased the set of needlework smalls that is in my knitting bag.   These are an Altoid tin topper and a small (quarter sized) scissor fob in bargello that I finished back in December of 2000.   16 count canvas with six strands of DMC floss.  I did not note the designer.   At the time I was just starting to document my work. 

I selected the fabric for the drawstring bag that is my travel knitting bag to complement the needlework with the look of marbling and the same yellow, green, blue and purple shades.

Inside the tin are a selection of stitch markers, end caps / extender / key for my interchangeable needles, a thimble and row counter and a magnet with a selection of blunt needles appropriate for kitchner (sock yarn weight) and ladder stitch (larger yarns) for knitwear finishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.