Sunday, December 3, 2023

Rotation Changeover - 2023 Rotation #5, Slot #2 (Pictorial) completed AND Slow Sunday Stitching - December 3, 2023

 First of all, as foreshadowed at the end of last week's post, there's yet another LeftOver Sock Yarn (LOSY) Hat on the needles.

This one is made of a collection of very dark scraps and it's going to the "Hat, Scarf and Mitten" tree if I get it done by the 20th.  If I don't get it done by then, it will go to the Rescue Mission along with some other donations.  I try to be sure there are at least some 'guy' hats in that yearly batch.

I've also been working on the Sugar Skull pretty steadily.  In November, I put in 2,496 stitches, the most I've done any month this year.   That brings me to a project total of 19,299 (should have put in one or two more stitches LOL.)

Look at that - all the bone color is done.  Just (large) eyes left to go!   I'm so tempted to just keep working on this project except that I have a bunch of other things I need to do this month.   So I am going to call this slot done and put it on the bottom of the stitching list.

Stitching Goals for December (in order of priority)

  1. Set up "FFO / Frame" WIPGO board for 2024 (hoping to have some progress clearing out the "under the bed box" over the next year)
  2. December part of Birdhouse SAL
  3. Pillow finish for Marita - Christmas gift
  4. Tree fill in and frame on family tree
  5. Blackbird Needle Case - 10 hours to finish "historic" slot
  6. Back to Birdhouse SAL - top border across to the January section
  7. KC Plaza Sewing Bag - 2.5 hours to finish "modern" slot (I have 7.5 done, close enough in a pinch to call it a slot finish if I don't manage to make it this far). 
  8. Perforated Paper Santa (and finishing)
  9. Sugar Skull - lace area around eyes 
  10. Project Bag - if not finished, put on WIPGO board #13

 Will I manage that, church stuff (bells play on 12/24 for the 'Lessons and Carols' service), family obligations and work?   Who knows, but I'm going to try to enjoy every stitch!  I'm going to really try to get items one through 4 completed, with 5 and 6 as 'still priority' and everything else as stretch goals.

Linking up with the SSS crew for accountability and inspiration.



7 comments:

  1. Wow…that’s a lot of stitches this past month. How do you keep track? I’m sure you will be busy this month with all those projects to work on. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my full coverage pieces, I use a pdf mark up app. Pattern Keeper if the chart is compatible, or GoodReader if I have to. I like PK better because it gives me count and %. With GR, I have to do it old school and actually count as I mark. This pattern is very symmetrical, so I can just count one side and double.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sugar skull looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar skull looks fantastic, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing how many stitches you put into sugar skull! I love the colours! That is quite an intense list you have made for December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a list you have. Congrats on finishing the sugar skull fill in. I am looking forward to seeing those eyes.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.