Monday, December 4, 2023

Let's talk about WIPGO - 2024 board and plans

If you don't know what WIPGO is, it's a BINGO based Work In Progress game/goal setting method pioneered by Jessie Marie Does Stuff (link to You Tube video of Jessie explaining how it works).

I have discovered that my timed rotation stitching plan doesn't work particularly well with the way that WIPGO sets monthly goals.  So I didn't play in 2023.  However I have over 40 items in the 'under the bed box' that need to be framed or FFOd!  That gives me more than enough items for a full board.  

I have two projects that have multiple steps/parts - a pin cube and the nine Victoria Sampler ornaments that I finished early in this year which all need backing and sashing before they can become actual quilt blocks.   There are also several framing and FFOing projects (sewing finishes, flat folds and similar).

Here's my board as it stands now.   I may loose that 'FREE' slot if I don't get the project bag that's on December's 'to do' list finished.

 

There are a few "?" here and there where I have not finalized my plan - specifically on the 'flat fold' ones.   I want to try one 'board finish' before I commit to three of them.  Some of those projects would also be nice as pillows or door hangers if I find I don't love that finishing technique. 

Likewise, I reserve the right to swap out projects that are 'to be framed'.  My framers are so good that I don't feel the need to struggle if I end up hating it.   The goal here is to try new things (drum, doll, cube, board finish and framing are all new skills/techniques).

Hopefully I will end the year with some new skills and substantially fewer projects in the 'under the bed box'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.