Monday, January 29, 2024

FINISHED NEEDLEWORK: "Heirloom Santa: Equine" by Willmaur

The second of the four "Animal Santas" by Willmaur from the deep stash (c 1990)  Can you believe these little kits were only $4US????  And I got some of them on sale for half off.!

No changes on this one except that I stitched on the reins and beard instead of using glue.

And for the next travel project, I am switching gears just a bit.   I got the three "Timberline" Mill Hill Santas from the grandkids for Christmas.   I want them to see me working on them, so I'm starting out with the "Scotch Pine Santa" on the far right.  The Mill Hill kits are a bit more complex than the Willmaur ones, what with having a few more colors and the beads (of course).  But they should be portable up to the point where I have to start beading them.   Luckily, the symbols for the beads are all round, so it makes getting all the floss in first quite simple - or at least as simple as around 20 colors in a 6 x 6 inch square can be. (15 x 15 cm)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.