Sunday, August 25, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - August 25, 2024

Slowly getting back into the swing of things.  Got the next to the last bit of storm clean up done this week and the city has picked up the debris on my street.  I do have a bid out for cleaning off the roof, there's probably one large lawn bag of twigs and leaves in the valley of the roof and the gutters.  I'm getting a bit too old and creaky to clean out the gutters myself, so I'm using this to see if I can find a dependable service.  

And I'm getting on with my rotation and travel projects.  Travel first.  I had a couple of appointments with wait time around them, so I got a good bit done on the perforated paper Santa.  He got his head, hat, and shoulder owl (so cute).  Though as always, he looks a little odd without his mouth and beard which get added at the very end.  The little racoon sitting on his left boot is looking more like a series of brown blobs, so it will be fun to see it take shape.

And currently up on the main rotation is the KC Plaza Sewing Bag.   I'm filling in the last statue and as I discovered on the first one, it's slow going doing one over one on 34 count.   Like I did last time, I'm alternating easy bits on the body and rump with the harder parts (legs, head, neck and mane). 
The upcoming week goals: I need to finish that horse, which will complete my rotation slot number 2.  I also want to finish the project bag.  I got the pieces cut out yesterday, but that's as far as I got.   The end of the month also means the full coverage report and I'm about 500 stitches shy of my monthly goal, so the dragon needs some attention too.   It's going to be a busy week.

Linking up with the SSS crew to see what the other busy stitchers have been up to!

1 comment:

  1. Love the owl on Santa’s shoulder! Good luck reaching all your stitching goals this week. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.