I was totally focused on the vintage German needlepoint kit this week and put in ten hours! It's really filling in fast. I'm hoping one more rotation will get me to an FO, since I'm down to just a single color left. I will run out of this green, so I ordered more, but what I got was not quite as yellow - a brighter green, too. So, I'm planning on using that new yarn just in the lower center area. It is SO hard to choose colors online!
And the back so you can see the progress
And where I was last time: Basically grass, then path, and more grass......
Last week, I promised knitting pictures. I'm almost at the end of the colorwork for the yoke. I know somebody will be wondering - the blue marker and row of weirdness down at the bottom is a "lifeline", which is a smooth, strong temporary cord that runs through every stitch in a row or round. In case of emergency, you can rip back to a lifeline point and the stitches are held for you to wrangle them back onto a needle and re-knit back up. In this case, they are marking where the yoke diagram starts; this yarn is 'rustic' enough to not ladder down if you drop a stitch, but having a steady point to count from is useful. Lifelines usually stay in until you finish the project (or at least the current section). Since the cordage is smooth and strong, you can just snip at the knot and pull it out.
Altogether a good week. Happy Labor Day Weekend to everyone in the US. Stay safe! I'm hooking up with the SSS crew (the current lineup is here) and will be looking at all their pretty things while staying in the air conditioning - it's been HOT here in Kansas.





Your needlepoint picture has really come to life with your stitches. It looks fabulous. Will you frame it when it’s done? I’m in awe of your knitting too. Beautiful pattern on the yoke of the sweater. Gail at the cozy quilter.
ReplyDeleteI honestly haven't decided on the needlepoint finish yet. I was just thinking about the FFO plans this morning. Thanks for your lovely comments - I look forward to them each week!
Delete