Friday, September 14, 2018

Quilt WiP: "It was the 80s" - Block 18

This project has been on the back burner for several months.   Yard work, housework and other projects have taken priority in my life of late, but I do want to get this top to the LAQ by sometime this year, so I need to put some time in on it.  
The next block is another of the 12 x 12 inch blocks; it takes 16 half square triangles arranged in diamond and 'flying geese' units.  
  
I debated taking apart one or more of the old blocks that are on a 16 patch grid, but ended up making it from new cuts.

I was disappointed with my points on this block.   There's a lot of bulk in the seams and they didn't come together as nicely as I had hoped.

I think if I were to do an entire quilt with this block, that I would do oversized flying geese units with either 'stitch and flip' corners or paper piece them, which would eliminate half of the seams. 

The Solstice Quilt on Pat Sloan's blog with the blocks and layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.