Saturday, February 16, 2019

Quilt WiP: "It was the 80s" - Block 20

Here's another substitution block.  I am running low on fabric, so I really need to use more of the old quilt blocks.


This is a block called 'Star Flower' and it's basically a modification of the classic Lemoyne star, but made with half square triangles instead of equal sided diamonds.   The classic one will show up a few blocks from now as I also have a hand pieced classic version with the equilateral diamonds from the old quilt.

Pat's block this time is an 'X and O' block she calls 'Hugs and Kisses'.  I do like this block.  Each of the four units in it finishes at 6 x 6 and there just happens to be a fill in area that is 6 x 12.  So I'm going to be making one 'X' and one 'O' for that area when I get to doing the laying out, sashing and fill in areas. 

The Solstice Quilt on Pat Sloan's blog with the blocks and layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.