Saturday, September 12, 2020

FINISHED NEEDLEWORK: Sharon Cohen Sampler Pincushion/Fob

 The original design of the Sharon Cohen Sampler Sweetbag shows a pincushion attached by a length of long cord to the side of the bag.   I decided when I first started stitching this project that I would do a scissor fob instead.   The assembly on this was fairly straight forward, a two sided cushion with twisted two color cording.  


Back - Elizabethan style monogram of my initials  KHD


32 count Summer Khaki Edinborough Linen by Zweigart.  DMC threads and gold palliettes


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I intend to use it as a scissor fob instead of the pincushion it was originally designed to be. I tend to use magnetic pin trays and needle minders instead of traditional pin cushions.

      Delete
  2. Can you describe how your rotations work? I love watching you 'build' your projects!

    Thank you, Nanette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment. I usually have three or four projects in progress at any one time (plus one I am finish/framing). I keep a spreadsheet that tracks the time I work in 15 minute increments and when I hit ten hours, I swap projects. Ten hours is a point where I'm just starting to get a bit bored, but not hating what I'm working on. And I get through all of them in two to three months even if I can only put in 15 to 30 minutes a day. It works for now.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for taking the time to explain. It sounds like you have a good system that works well. Happy Stitching! Nanette

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.