Saturday, September 12, 2020

Needlework change over - 2020 Rotation 3, Slot #2 completed (pictorial)

 Just a smidgen short of ten hours this time, but I got to such a good stopping point that I didn't want to continue.   That's OK, I went over several hours the last time this came up in the rotation.  I am ready to start the verse, which is done in one over one and backstitch.   Once that is done, there is just a bit of white metallic thread in the sky for the stars, crystal beads in the "space" part of the landscape (also for stars) and a few gold beads in the foliage, the sword hilt and broaches.  Not as much beading as some projects by this designer, but still a LOT of beads.

Here's where I started this round:

  
And where I ended the round:

Only the sprigs of leaves look new, but there was lots and lots of backstitching - the leaves, the sword (and filling it in with metallic blended thread), the base all around and the crenelations (which were incredibly finicky) and finally going back and doing the under-robes of both sides that I skipped because of the way I needed to interlace the leaf and base backstitches with the under-robes.  

Once I am done with a round on Dutch Beauty, which is up next, I'm going to call this rotation round complete.  And Millennium will be first up for next round because I really don't want to put this one away.   Light at the end of the tunnel time......

Speaking of Dutch Beauty, here's where I am starting this round on it.  I'll be picking up over on the far right with the border on Page 21/U.  I'm basically doing what I did on the other two rows and working from alternating sides into the center.



2 comments:

  1. The backstitching on the robes really finishes them off nicely. What verse is at the bottom of the picture? Your rotation system seems to work well for you. I have only ever worked on one project at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment. The verse is II Peter, 3:8 "With the Lord, one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day." On these big pieces, ten hours is about the point where I'm getting very bored. So moving on to another piece keeps me engaged. And with only three or four items in rotation, it's not too long before I work on it again.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.