Sunday, March 20, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - March 20, 2022

 I've been working on getting the Patchwork of the Crosses Table Topper caught up this weekend. The first three rows (of five) are together.

The more I work with it, the more I like the dark background.   Now that the basting is out of the center, the full effect is really pretty, I think.  EPP assembly is not the quickest technique; I have to be careful not to do enough to stress the base of my left thumb.   I have an old injury there and it's the first place that stress in my hands shows up.   So no knitting marathons either!

But the sock yarn blanket is only about 12 inches / 30 cm from the next corner!   It's coming along nicely as well. 

And on the needlework front, I finished the 10 hour slot on my full coverage USMC seal (see the rotation changeover post) and have put in an hour and a bit on the unicorn pillow.  I finished off the front ear and the part of the mane right above it.

I'm watching the grandkids this afternoon while my son is out of town and my daughter in law is sitting at the hospital with her sister post surgery.   It went well and there's a good prognosis.  All in all a good week.  Linking up with SSS (current round up)


6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful afternoon with your grandkids! Your POTC project is looking great…so nice to see all the parts coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the dark background fabric of your Lucy Boston blocks. I'm sure your DIL appreciates you watching the children so she can spend time with her sister. This gives you a nice break from handwork. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, have fun with your grandchildren! Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I understand the thumb comment. I have been cross-stitching a lot lately and had to wear my thumb brace to bed last night and whenever I am on the computer for a few days. That dark background really makes those yellows pop. That unicorn is very pretty. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your POTC is wonderful - I've never seen it with a dark background. It gives it a whole new look! No hand stitching marathons! Just a little at a time to preserve hand health!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt blocks are looking fabulous and so is the precious unicorn. Enjoy your evening with the grandbabies. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.