Tuesday, March 29, 2022

WIPGO Update, a finish and some thoughts

 In Feb and March, the same project was called for a couple of the numbers for WIPGO, and in the background, unrelated to my rotation stitching, I completed another Mill Hill ornament kit that has been in the stash for AGES.  1995 "Holiday Sylk Angels - Heather".  Done on white perforated paper with floss, ribbon and beads from the kit.  Finished off with white linen cardstock on the back.

This one was interesting for both the ribbon work and the fact that there are 'knots' or 'bunches' of clustered beads in the hair, wings, and as 'lace' around the bottom edge.   Forcing extra beads into a stitch means that they can't sit flat - so they form a 'bobble' that creates texture or a 'loop' (if you space out the stitches a bit). 

Now that I have two finished projects for WIPGO so far this year, I have a confession to make.  I've been "tweaking" my board so as to not have multiple WIPs in the "modern" slot.  Which rather defeats the random number generator purpose of WIPGO in the first place.  I think I would be better off to just go back to my existing rotation and try to keep a smaller project in that slot for the time being.  All my other slots, especially the historic one, are large and/or complex.  It's nice to have a finish every now and again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.