Sunday, September 11, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 11, 2022

It feels like the entirety of the English speaking world is in mourning - either for the anniversary of 9/11 terror attacks or for the passing of Queen Elizabeth II.  Or both.   My condolences to my friends from the Commonwealth.  

And I have not had a good week with the crafting either. 

I did finish off my Victoria Sampler quilt block (Number 6 of 9) - link to finished project page.   And I also got the border done on my #bbdweekendSAL project - link to changeover post.  

But then things started to go downhill. I have been having issues with the pattern for the green shawl.  Once it hit the lace area, the numbers in the pattern didn't work out correctly and there are variances between the charted and written out instructions.  Between all of that and the fact that I was running out of yarn, I decided to frog back to the garter stitch area and just do a plain garter stitch crescent all the way to the edge and do some type of lacy bind off.  Just have to decide what type of lacy bind off - a small sideways garter lace is currently the front runner, but I need to crunch the numbers first.

It's always frustrating when your knitting project is four inches/10 cm shorter in one fell swoop!

Needlework clicked over to the Plaza Sewing Bag and there was frogging there too (sigh).   I had mentioned that I wasn't all that crazy about the lettering on the "Counting Cottage" building.  It was very crowded looking and awkward, plus the shop has been closed for very nearly 15 years. (ETA:  I checked - 20 years!  They closed in 2003.)  So away it went and the company that produced the linen was charted out and substituted.   Also finished the lettering on the "clock tower" building and started the fill in for the bottom part of that building. 

Here's hoping the next week will be better on all fronts.   (Linking up to the SSS crew).

1 comment:

  1. How frustrating when your crafting doesn't work out as expected. Hope next week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.